12 Beautiful Mongolian Landscape Photographs

Regularly readers of my blog know that my son Daniel is serving a mission in Mongolia. Though he will be there for nearly two years these are some of the landscapes he will probably never see. As you can see from the photographs, Mongolia is a very beautiful and varied country. I like landscapes from any country, consider these varied vistas from China.

If you have visited any of these locations please tell me about your experience. Click on the images for a larger photograph or follow the photo credit links.

Sunset in Mongolia

Sunset in Mongolia

Photo Credit: shagal

Lone tree in Western Mongolia

Lone tree in Western Mongolia

Photo Credit: tiarescott

Mongolian landscape

Mongolian landscape with truck in the distance

Photo Credit: tiarescott

Khongoryn Els sand dunes Gobi Desert Mongolia

Khongoryn Els sand dunes, Gobi Desert, Mongolia

Photo Credit: PnP!

Grassland in Inner Mongolia

Grassland in Inner Mongolia

Photo Credit: shenxy

Hustai Nuruu National Park, Mongolia

Przewalski horse research station ger in Hustai Nuruu National Park, Mongolia

Photo Credit: m d d

Where Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, and Russia meet

Where Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, and Russia meet. Taken at 9,800 feet.

Photo Credit: kitseeborg

Gorkhi-Terelj National Park, Mongolia

Gorkhi-Terelj National Park, Mongolia

Photo Credit: yeowatzup

Ongiin Khiid, Gobi Desert, Mongolia

Ongiin Khiid, Gobi Desert, Mongolia

Photo Credit: PnP!

These photographs carry a Creative Commons license that permits copying, distribution, and transmission provided that they are not used commercially and attribution is given. Other restrictions may apply, follow the photo credit links for details.
Rickety signature.

Comments

1. thank you very much ! very nice shots. thank you for post.
    from mongolia.

2. i am a student studing mongolia for a project and this helped alot!!!!!!!!!!! thanks.

3. These pictures are FAN-TAS-TIC! Especially the third one, with the open field running up against the mountains. I would give almost anything to have a home with a view like that.

4. Wow great post. Those are some amazing photos of a beautiful country. Would love to see it some day.

5. A Murray says:

Wow, I mean just WOW! I find Mongolia fascinating, one of the most inhospitable climates in the world and yet, beautiful!

6. these are wonderful photographs. I’ve always wanted to visit Mongolia. Hopefully one day…

7. These photographs have emerged an idea in my mind that I should go for world tour.

8. Beautiful, nicely done

9. Anonymous says:

i am person of mongolia. this is my country.

10. All the photos are beautiful, but I am particularly struck by the sunset photo. Amazing!

11. Proud to be a Mongolian. I love my country, missing it soo much. the photos are tooooooo beautiful

12. wow :O

13. chachidude says:

THIS THING HELPED ME A LOT!!

14. from mongolia says:

there are so many mongolians that live out of mongolia!!!!!!!!!! the population in mongolia is less than the population of mongolian people out of mongolia living in another country. Guys, why wont you come back and help your mother country, before it gets destroyed by chinese or russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Anonymous says:

I love my country, Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures I grow up in the contryside in Mongolia,

16. hey,thanks for the wonderful picture:)Those pictures are really amazing and fantastic:)

17. mongolia son says:

my country is very beatiful FANTASTIC

18. my country, my area, my home

19. Bolormaa Dashpuntsag says:

Beautiful pics! I like it! Thank you :)

20. “Regularly readers of my blog know that my son Daniel is serving a mission in Mongolia. Though he will be there for nearly two years these are some of the landscapes he will probably never see. As you can see from the photographs, Mongolia is a very beautiful and varied country. I like landscapes from any country, consider these varied vistas from China”?????? VARIED VISTAS FROM CHINA????? MONGOLIA IS NOT CHINA!!!!!! I LOVE THE PICS BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE WORDS. THANK YOU

21. Very beautiful pics. Students of Geography will find it very helpful. Well done!

22. Some lovely photos. I recently spent some time in Mongolia travelling around mainly the southern part photographing its landscapes. I can sy hands down that it is the most stunning country for landscape photography that I have visited. The sheer vastness of it coupled with the customary big blue skies make it a great place to gtravel with a camera.

Thanks a lot for sharing. It brings back fond memories for me and my time travelling there.

Trackbacks

1. CHINA | Travell To World says:

[...] love to see beautiful landscapes. I have never visited China but if you have been to any of these locations please tell my readers [...]